Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

It hit 56 in the shade today. I cast about 10 lbs of .38 cal 125 RFN with a Lee 6-cavity. It sure isn’t a normal winter here. Not even any snow yet. But, I’ll enjoy what I can. I do feel a little sorry for those of you back east.

dragon813gt
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 79
      • Overall: 84

It’s way to cold to cast in my garage right now.  Low tonight is supposed to be 2.  I didn’t go to my place in the Poconos because the high was seven w/ a forecast low of negative seven.  It can’t warm up quick enough.  I don’t mind the cold until it hits single digits.  Once it gets back to just freezing I will be able to cast in my garage.

reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 95

It hasen’t been 56 around here in my part of NC for almost a month,hasn’t even gotten up to freezing  but it’s suppose to be 60 here this weekend and the casting pot will be in full swing,  I just need to look through my stash and see what I’m getting low on.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Yesterday was pretty nice. Almost hit 60. No wind. Lots of sunshine. Sized and lubed just over 1,000 125 gr RFN bullets at .358 with Bull Shops Lo Tack Soft. Took a while to figure out where to set the heater and air pressure, but once I got it dialed in those bullets were flying through the Star. Now, to get them loaded next weekend prior to the first Cowboy Action Shooting match at our range on the 17th.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

65 in my basement yesterday. About normal for this time of year. Upstairs is warmer but cold air settles.

Was doing a quick and dirty tape job to my lee .314 90 gr TC TL 2 cavity bullet mold. Wanted to try some .316’s in my wifes latest range toy. H&R 733 revolver in .32sw long. Nickle plated, 2.5 inch barrel.

Mine is blued and it is shooting great with the .314’s. But the little nickle girl was shooting shotgun patterns. All over the paper.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.