Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      BrassMagnet
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 8
      • Overall: 9

On the old forum, I provided casting DVD Videos our newer members could view to learn how to do this.
      The cost of mailing them around and the quality of the videos made me believe it would be better if we did the videos ourselves and they could be viewed on the site with no postage involved. Also, those DVDs aren’t cheap and there are portions of them that do leave something to be desired.
      I have a smart phone now and I can make good quality videos with it.

At the moment, I have a 2 minute and 10 second showing high speed casting with Mihec moulds. I use three six cavity Mihec moulds to cast 9mm 135 RF boolits. I want to make other similar videos showing the techniques with NOE, Lyman, Saeco, etc.
      Cag40Navy was my cameraman. He films what I am doing and I explain as necessary.

Now here is my idea:
      A video should be as short as possible while still showing what needs to be shown.
      So the first video shows safety equipment and the second shows a casting layout and explains why.
      Around video three it starts with varying casting methods such as single cavity with a dipper, or single cavity with a bottom pour. So eventually we end up with a bunch of videos.

Now here are the ideas that makes my forum video idea superior.
      1. Goodsteelforum.com owns the videos.
      2. As the need or desire arises, my videos get replaced with “better” videos. Say my video on dipper casting is lame or my safety video leaves out something important, then BigBrassOnes or LeadBelly makes a competing video. Eventually, one will be deemed better and the inferior one will be deleted. Then it will begin again and another video will compete the best video will win!
      3. In time, the videos will reach the stage where improvement is not needed because the videos cover all needed subjects in the best manner possible, i.e. brief, to the point, quality video, covering all needed basic information and many advanced techniques.
      4. Goodsteelforum can then create a Basic Casting DVD and an Advanced Casting DVD for sale.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Not a bad idea. I was actually thinking of making some casting/shooting/gunsmithing videos and uploading them on Youtube.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Y’all have to watch this 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bp8Cl3L8A

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That’s freaking ingenious!!!!

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

skeettx;n179 wrote: Y’all have to watch this 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bp8Cl3L8A

That’s a really nice setup – thanks for posting it

bnelson06
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 6
      • Overall: 7

Very nice idea, I’d have to look into that if I owned one of those monster molds

shaper
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 7
      • Overall: 11

I was reading Ayoobs’s Coolum on “learning to shoot” in the latest issue of Backwoods Home magazine. I haven’t finished it yet. But he mentioned that we as the generation that have grown up with guns, are now the teachers to the next generation. And how safety must be the first and most important thing we should teach them. I would like to see a class type of video on line where I can go to see what a safety officer or myself should be saying to a new shooter. Whether it be my grandson or someone that has just joined our Wildlife club. The wildlife club I belong to will host more “Apple Seed shoots” again this year, and I would like to see more people getting more interested in the safety aspect of shooting as a whole.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

Sounds like a really cool idea.

BrassMagnet
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 8
      • Overall: 9

Really cool idea!
      Backwoods Home magazine is one of my favorites!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.