Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #26813
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      I have been busy lately casting bullets for a test this summer and when I got done casting, I have been just writing down what I had cast and placed a piece of paper in with the bullets. Well I was thinking that maybe I should make up a standard sheet that has all the pertinent data on it so I would not forget anything. Well I posted it over at cast boolits, and they thought it was good. Then somebody asked about a sheet for heat treating bullets, so I made one of them up also, and thought I would post them here as well.
      Cast Bullet Label.pdf

      Cast Bullet Heat Treat Label.pdf

    • #26814
      chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 4
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

      Clever.Print on regular printer paper.Trim them down.A shot of Spray Mount on the back and they’ll stick to about anywhere you want them stuck

    • #26815
      VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 11
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

      Much appreciated.

    • #26825
      uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 17
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

      Great idea. Thanks.

    • #26831
      Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 11
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

      Are you angling to save a magic marker tree ?
      Now I will not have anything to do while my bullets are in the oven, Like cutting up scraps of paper to make notes on and writing all that out each time

      seriously . Thanks for taking the time to share

    • #26832
      Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 4
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

      Now, that looks like a good way to replace having sharpies and masking tape scattered around.

      Ken

    • #26833
      DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Posts: 11
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 91

      This will come in handy! thanks for posting and putting the work into it Doc!!

    • #26834
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 6
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

      Thanks for sharing.

    • #26841
      chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 4
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

      Screwbolts;n5521 wrote: Now, that looks like a good way to replace having sharpies and masking tape scattered around.

      Ken

      Ah…..no……..there will ALWAYS be sharpies and tape scattered around.Especially the sharpies

    • #26844
      VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 11
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

      Does anyone have a pdf of a good load log, I just write everything on legal pads. On more than one occasion I’ve misplaced my pad and couldn’t find it. I really need a good load log.

    • #26847
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      Maybe I will have to design a reloading log for cast bullet users. No problem!

    • #26849
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 6
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

      VANN;n5533 wrote: Does anyone have a pdf of a good load log, I just write everything on legal pads. On more than one occasion I’ve misplaced my pad and couldn’t find it. I really need a good load log.

      I modified this one a little and it works well for me.

      http://ultimatereloader.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/UR-Load-Data-Record-Book-2.0.pdf

    • #26853
      VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 11
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

      Thanks, I’m horrible at record keeping.

    • #26854
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Posts: 208
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

      Awesome idea Doc.

    • #26857
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      Thanks Tim.

    • #26906
      Phil
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Posts: 2
      • Comments: 52
      • Overall: 54

      Thanks for the file. I must get some printed out.

    • #26911
      Chris C
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 12
      • Comments: 157
      • Overall: 169

      Doc Highwall;n5498 wrote: I have been busy lately casting bullets for a test this summer and when I got done casting, I have been just writing down what I had cast and placed a piece of paper in with the bullets. Well I was thinking that maybe I should make up a standard sheet that has all the pertinent data on it so I would not forget anything. Well I posted it over at cast boolits, and they thought it was good. Then somebody asked about a sheet for heat treating bullets, so I made one of them up also, and thought I would post them here as well.
      Cast Bullet Label.pdf

      Cast Bullet Heat Treat Label.pdf

      Thanks, Doc, I like those. Printed ’em out and will use ’em next time I cast. Much appreciated.

    • #26931
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      I decided I needed to make up a reloading log sheet and post it as a PDF format so it can be downloaded and use by the members here. let me know what you think about it.

    • #26940
      Chris C
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 12
      • Comments: 157
      • Overall: 169

      Cool, Doc. Lot’s of info to keep track of what I’m doing both at the pot and through the whole process. I like it. 😉

    • #26951
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 34
      • Comments: 109
      • Overall: 143

      Thanks Doc. Great idea and well done.

    • #27028
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      I updated this to version #3

    • #27587
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Posts: 8
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

      Shameless bump

    • #27591
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Posts: 208
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

      Another shameless bump to the top………..permanently.
      Thanks again Doc.

    • #28844
      alamogunr
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Posts: 0
      • Comments: 2
      • Overall: 2

      Kind of resurrecting this, but can anyone clue me in as to how I can provide a left margin on the Reloading Data form so I can punch the sheets for a 3 ring binder? I’ve tried reducing the image but the extra space is put on the right side. Apologies for the lack of computer smarts.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.