- March 4, 2016 at 9:12 pm #25431
I am fond of the little C&B Pocket Model revolvers by Uberti. They all come with the brass backstrap. Can someone make a steel one? I can supply a model to work from
- March 5, 2016 at 12:49 am #25441ArtfulParticipant
- Posts: 187
- Comments: 428
- Overall: 615
Anything can be made – for a price – that’s the rub.
- March 5, 2016 at 8:11 pm #25487
I did not know that.
Perhaps you know someone who would like to try?
- March 6, 2016 at 12:37 pm #25523GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
I’ve made them before. Totally from scratch, and out of steel. I know exactly how to do it.
I also know exactly how much time is involved, and I’m too covered over to take on a project like that at the moment. Such a project would be much better executed as a labor of love by the owner?
Do you have files, a drill press, and a welder? I can tell you exactly how to do it.
- March 6, 2016 at 12:56 pm #25525
I have made many parts with just a portable hand held milling machine but I no longer wish to spend that kind of quality time with a file. I was hoping to find a machinist or a foundryman with some spare time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.