Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Well I’ve been off of here for a little bit, this post is just a update, since that time I’ve been pretty much involved in my Retirement job to the tune of about 6 days per week.  I’ve inherited 3 guns from my father when he passed last month on the 28th. He passed at the Hospice at the Asheville VA center due to service related causes, I cannot brag enough on the staff at the VA there. Wish I could say the same for the administration section of the NC VA, they rate pretty low in my book. Condolences are not sought in this post even though I know it is the social convention, like I said just a update and to talk about guns and stuff since the last time that I had some real activity on here. So please let’s talk guns.

One was a Walther PP ( yes a true German not the french and it will not accept the left ribbed  in 32 ACP magazine), dad and I liked the Walther PP aa little better than the PPK. The other two was owned by Dad and my Grandfather, 1890 Winchester 22 slide action takedown, the other was an old Remington number 3 in 12 gauge.  The Walther gave me a 32 ACP Bug so since inheriting it and shooting it I found a 1903 Colt Hammerless (circa 1928) again in 32 ACP. Which of the two shoots the best well the Walther, but the Colt is right there with it.  Tim, Bjorn, and Larry seen the target that I shot the Walther with.

The Winchester is in pretty good shape I had a friend at the shop grade it out for condition. He was 10% higher than I was which either way put it in the 1 K + range. The Shotgun well it would grade just over 100.00 . But none of the three are for sale or trade.

Lately been looking at obtaining the bucket list of guns. Now to get to the Place of enough disposable income to get the List.

1 . Colt pre 70 series Government.

2. 1908 Colt hammerless in .380 as well as the 1908 pocket in .25 ACP

3. Colt Trooper 4″ Blue or Nickel

4. Colt Diamondback 4″ again Blue or Nickel, the 3″ barrel is the unicorn

5. S&W model 57 and /or 56 prefer the 3″ barrel but would take a 4″ without hesitation

6. 70 Series Colt Gold Cup

7. Mauser HSc in 32 ACP

8. Blue Colt LW Commander circa 1970 ( no, Colt never made a 70 series in the Commander all was pre 70 series even with the 70 Serial numbers. Even though most refer to then so because of the serial number, just like most call the 45 Colt the 45 Long Colt)

9. Sig 220 American

10. Sig 210

The List has over 80 more but I think that I’ll need to obtain a couple more safes before getting hot and heavy on scratching the list off.

Thanks to everyone for your time reading this long post. So what’s on your Bucket List?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Good to see you back Sarge. You were missed (locally as well) Again: Sincerest condolences at the passing of a great soldier.

Hmmmm.

My bucket list:

I’d like a Remington semi auto shotgun in 12 gauge with two barrels. One 28″ with interchangeable chokes, and one rifled 1-80 twist to shoot round balls with.

I’d like a 90s Winchester Model 70 push feed in 308 or similar. That era when they cleaned up their act and made really nice actions, and of course, I’ll be screwing in a Krieger and dropping it like a hot potato into a FINE piece of old growth walnut.

I’d like a S&W model 41.

I’d really like a good muzzle loader.

These are just whimsical fancies though. The truth is, I like building the guns, but I have the things I really like and I don’t need much. I’ve got a Redhawk in 44 Magnum, a Single Six, and a 357 Blackhawk. I’ve got the M1A Scout (without the rail), a Sako AV I chambered in 358 WCF, the Browning 1886, Marlin 1895, Marlin 94 octagon, and the Speedmaster. I’ve got the Ten gauge Glenn gave me also. I feel pretty complete with that collection, and I’m not pining for much off hand. That’s pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted.

These days, I’m more interested in barrel blanks and triggers than I am in complete guns.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Tim,

what kind of muzzle loader?? I am in the mode of getting old and thin out some stuff. I can sell off duplicates.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I want a Hawken that has no rust in the barrel, so I can lavish care and love on it, and be proud when I’m old that it’s still bright as a mirror.

However, I’m not in the position to buy anything right now, as this forum venture plus my recent Alaska trip has completely wiped me out. I’ll look you up once I have both nostrils above the water line though.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

I got Pennsylvania style, Roman nose. douglas barrel, Hamm lock. percussion.

It was made by Cornell Kemper, DuBois county Ind, circa 1975.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Kens, you have an excellent rifle there. Congratulations!!! Sounds like you’ve got a late 1900s American history book in the parts alone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.