This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 199
    • Overall: 222

just got in last week a Brno #2 in 22 lr I ordered from j&g . It is a 79 year model. I have two Chinese copy’s of the Brno that shoot awesome but always wanted a real Brno. This one came without a mag so Iam guessing Boy Scouts or a club had them, shot in single shot only  Iam guessing . I put my 6x24x50 from my 308 Norma mag scope on it and went to the range. Shooting two or three different brands of ammo it shoots at least dime size groups or better for ten shot at 25 yards. It got dark and I ran out of my ely tnex ammo so have to go back this weekend. The ely ammo where all touching in the bull so it shoots good. It looks re blued . The rifle is very tight the extractor won’t let go of the shell unless you pull the bolt back very fast and hard. And most of the time this also doesn’t work. I mean tight . I have to take my finger and flip the shell out and it’s still very hard. Any ideals. But overall I like it a lot

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 218
    • Overall: 261

Sounds great, any pics?

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Will post pictures this evening

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Will the magazine from the Chinese rifles fit the Brno?  Maybe you could find one of those to use in the Brno.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

The Chinese mags cannot be found. They have them available in Canada and Australia but don’t thank they would ship here. The CZ 452 mags can be found and fit the Chinese guns also and older brno  rifles,but expensive 45$ each for a 5 rounder

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

What’s funny the Chinese trainer and the Brno look almost exactly alike . The Chinese did a good job of copping it. When I first got the jw15 Chinese rifle I thought I was getting a real Brno. Ordered it out of shotgun news. Still remember the add, Brno Mauser style action 22 trainer. It was 1989 . Got it in and I was slightly upset when I found out it wasn’t a Brno. After I shot It I changed my attitude a bit. This thang would stack 10 inside a dime at 50 yards. It would do it sometimes at 100 using ely tinex gold medal match. At worst quarter size or slightly bigger at 100 yards . I then took the rifle apart and found the totally adjustable trigger. This thang looked like a Swiss  watch tiny fine threaded screws for adjustment. The Brno I know didint have this good of a trigger. I could lower the trigger down to less than one pound. I didint like it that low because I also use it for hunting so I set it around 2 pounds. The Brno has a really good trigger also but not quite as good as the jw15. The jw15  is marked 1966 . It’s kind of ugly plane as all get out but it still one of my favorite 22’s

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

The Chinese rifle sounds great.  Have you compared the accuracy between the two of them?

I’ve got an old Weaver on my Mauser 420 22lr now.  I’ve got an extra 4×12 Vortex sitting around, I’ll have to see if it will fit.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Only shot the Brno a little last Saturday. 300 400 rounds. Haven’t shot the jw15 in a while with a good scope .  I only have one good scope now to use and I put it on the Brno.  Me eyes are so mess up I guess from being diabetic I can only use certain scopes. My close up vision is what’s real bad. The good scope is good but the other scopes I can see good with my glasses on far away . The cross hairs are real blurry or I cannot see them at all .With glasses off I can see the crosshairs perfect but then the target is real blurry.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Wonder if the adj objective lens   up front is why I can see through this one scope. Have no problem with it .  Last year all the other cheep scopes I have I had to use with my glasses on or off depending on the scope now I can only see good with glasses on with this one scope with adj adjective lense up front?

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Here is a picture of it hope you like 

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

This rifle looks really good. Now for the bad. It looks like it was re blued . The bluing looks awesome three foot away. Up close it has small pits in the metal it was polished really good  and re blued . It kind of bugs me it has minor pits in the metal but it looks good and shoots good. The wood was very plain looking like a chocolate brown. Kind of ugly. But I cleaned off whatever they had on it and oiled it up good. Now it looks really good to me and it shoots good. And it’s a real Brno. I finally got one.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Now I got to figure out how to make the 22 shells eject from the bolt. I have to take my finger and it’s really hard to get the spent  shells out. I thank a fine mini file will take care of it. Just got to go slow .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.