This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GhostHawk 1 year, 12 months ago.

• Author
     JRR 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 84
    • Overall: 107

Just returned from Israel.  The Ha Carmel outdoor market in Tel Aviv.  Four square blocks of bazaar.  Just amazing!

JRR 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 84
    • Overall: 107

One more

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Wow. Looks fantastic. Sure a lot different than the American supermarket. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been to some local farmers markets in USA, and even Pike Place in Seattle. The adventure is definitely part of it. And, you can get some really great food. If you are a chilehead, I recommend the Chile Festival in Pueblo, CO. Overwhelming. I am looking forward to more such adventures now that I’m south of the Arkansas River in New Mexico.

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

I had the chance back in the 80’s to spend a week in Cancun. Guy I know had a condo there, needed some plumbing work done, and a paint job. So we worked in the cool mornings. Played in the afternoons.  Breakfast at an outdoor cafe 1.5 blocks down the street.

We were one block from the big market there, 4 square blocks. Most of it roofed and walled in. Those people down there are great, and they have some superstitions about the  first and last sale of the day. I got some real bargains by being up early and back late.

We got the work done in 4 days, spent a day fishing and snorkeling, days on the beach (topless)

I did not want to come back. But man I loved that market.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.