This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  todd 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 797
    • Overall: 868

Dad bought a pair of these in about 1970-2 so the cartridge was just barely standardized . The 2nd was for a very good friend . The rifles themselves were grade A walnut , white line caps and tips , .980 bull barreled satin finish blued , target triggered delights to shoot . Dad’s for whatever reason always shot better than the other one and its owner was an above average shooter having perfected the art of the shot in the mud of several Pacific beachs with the Corps in 43,44,45′ .
    Reading makes me think Dad’s may have a 1-12 barrel I will of course be checking that out for sure and certain shortly . With the success I had with the 222 and a cast bullet “too heavy” for the twist I’m hopeful that the “25” will take to the 260-120 like it took to the 117 gr Partition and the 115 gr Sierra GK . 120s just wouldn’t shoot in it ever 3-4″ was the norm while the lower BC hunting type 115-7 bullets were 5″ or less out to 500 yd . I’m thinking that if it is infact a 12 vs 10 that I might even be able to run a useful alloy up into the high 2000s and a target alloy to full speed . Not that it wouldn’t useful to shoot a coyote or smaller with an HT lino bullet .

So aside from my slow for cartridge powder , fit , fit and fit , good lube , careful sort , and dumb luck any suggestions for making the old girl sing ?

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Butchered a deer yesterday in between afroengineering a well pump proof run , designing , cutting in and starting install of a walk in fridge floor drain , and checking out a commercial grill hood chimney .
    Not a bad day , no shooting but maybe Saturday ……

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Played with the Christmas train and my grandson yesterday .
    We went out and shot a couple of cylinders through the heritage 22 rough rider with him . He’s 5 but been all excited about shooting and stuff with Pappa Hart since they left San Diego .

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Hauled the oldest to get her wisdom teeth removed . I guess the 4 docs couldn’t decide what to do with them . We’ll get to pay for the gas guy anyway . Some birthday party …..
    I did find Dad’s Pacific dies and a little stash of fire formed brass marked with load data for both 87&117 Sierra’s .

todd 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 38
    • Overall: 54

i owned a tc venture in 25-06 and it liked a 117gr hornady sst and 115gr nosler bt. i think it was imr 4350? but i’m not sure. i don’t even know why i bought the venture, but i sold it. i don’t “plastic” parts on my rifles, just blued steel and a nice piece of wood.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.