Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

The sign in bugs and trouble every time ……
      Anyway I’m back , can’t say as I’ve done anything terribly stimulating .
      Haven’t worked since just before Christmas . Had a lousy hunting season . Septic system over loaded , on going but nearing a final resolution .
      My back has decided 55 is the year that strong backs will be doing the everything from here on .
      Oldest daughter may or may not have the Kung Flu 6 days and they’ve confirmed what it isn’t 1 of 5 flus and 1 of 5 pneumonias go go California …
      Still in a clean county though last night the were rumors of 2 cases .
      Hunkered down waiting for the other boot to drop .

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 208
      • Overall: 232

Glad your back

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 222
      • Overall: 265

Morning Harter, it’s good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear about your Daughter, your back and your septic system…  Sounds like a guy just can’t catch a break.

We’re hunkered down here in Arkansas as best we can be.  The chickens are working over time and were loaded with fresh eggs.  At least I know what’s for breakfast, lol.

I sincerely hope that your daughter does not have the Kung Flu.

The wife picked up some hair bands at the dollar store that double as a face mask, so we’ve got them in every car along with a hand sanitizer to hit everytime I get back into the car.  At least the price of gas is low…

Take care.

Glenn.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

The daughter does have it but is 10 days in and ,doing well .
      Most of the back issues it appears were me in need of a back snapper . I turned just so getting up from a sound sleep and felt stuff move , I haven’t felt this good since Christmas !

I loaded a bunch of unrefined 223 for a couple of unrefined rifles .
      I wish I had something more exciting to share .

I got a great neck die for my 257 Roberts in the form of a 6.5-257 but a formed case looks more like a 6.5-257 AI so there’s a lot going on there the no expander size is perfect for cast though at the neck . No bump with the 40° shoulder and it won’t touch the case save maybe right at the bottom maybe . The box is marked 6.5 Japanese .
      I also got a Bonanza Bench rest set for the 264 WM . I can’t imagine a bigger waste for a major barrel burner but who can pass up $100 worth of useful dies for $23 shipped . Yep that covers it .

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Daughter is all clear . 2nd test only took 6 days .

Loaded a dozen 45 Schofields this afternoon just to get dies etc set up . Have to size some bullets for the .453 throats . I still have 100 cases to flair and prime before I can just run them .
      I did find some approved data that was hotter than expected so my previous loads were very conservative . Not a big deal my Schofield is on a 1917 so I could run some pretty hot +P with the 12,000 psi original rating the +P might get up to like 18,000 or there about not even close to the 21,000 for the ACP .

slim1836
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 63
      • Overall: 66

Welcome back, hope all goes well with your daughter, the rest of you hunker down for the long haul.

I too have been away from here for a while, been taking care of the 1 year old grandson. I thought I was through with raising children but he is safer here than with his parents. At 67 it’s not going to be easy.

We have about 40 cases in my area so we take every precaution. One friend has died already for the virus. I sure miss getting out with my friends for a beer or two but I have that here so it’s out to the shop in the evenings to have a couple along with case prep and other small projects. I have enough loaded ammo, just need to shoot more.

Slim

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

My daughter got cleared , we’re all clear so far .

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.