Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Does anyone know if this sight is a good quality?
      I want to put it on a weaver base on a small ring mauser , in .35rem.
      I have removed the clip guide on rear bridge, and have a smooth rear bridge to work with.

https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=610&allids=583_610&itemno=MNT-910

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

nope,
      but looks like it could be a solution for a slug gun, if its all metal

Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

I have no experience with this sight, but it looks like what I have looked for for years. Thank you for posting this! Ken

Their add indicates all machined aluminum :

UTG New Gen Sub-Compact Rear Sight for Shotguns, .22 Rifles and Variants
      Precision Machined from Aircraft Grade Aluminum with Hard Coat Anodizing Matte Black Finish
      One Piece Integral Mounting Deck Fits any Picatinny/Weaver Rail
      Tremendous Breakthrough to Include Windage/Elevation Adjustment in a Super Compact Design
      Optimally Sized Aperture for Quick Target Alignment and Minimum Obstruction of Shooter’s View
      Windage and Elevation Adjustment Indexed by Vertical and Horizontal Reference Lines to Aid Zeroing (One Complete Revolution per Line Space)
      Complete with 2mm Allen Wrench for Sight Adjustment, and 2.5mm Allen Wrench for Mounting Deck Locking
      Perfectly Co-witnesses with UTG New Gen Tactical Front Sight Assembly MNT-716/MNT-722 to Provide Extended Sight Radius for Superior Accuracy

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 224
      • Overall: 245

Looks pretty cool. It says

I’m sure there should be 2 piece Weaver bases for small ring Mauser. Just install the back half and your ready to go if your front sight will match up with the height.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

UTG/Leapers has a very good reputation in the airgun world. They are one of the better scope/sight makers. Yet still manage to keep products reasonably priced.

Price is right, I may be looking at one of these myself soon. I can see that as a very handi alternative to a Red Dot type sight on anything that has a weaver rail.

Optics planet has it for 20$. That just might be handy enough to want to have a couple of those on hand.

Well they arrived, cute little bug. Don’t have it on a gun yet, still thinking and considering.
      Seems like a nicely made little sight.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

lar45;n15810 wrote: Looks pretty cool. It says

I’m sure there should be 2 piece Weaver bases for small ring Mauser. Just install the back half and your ready to go if your front sight will match up with the height.

Yes, it is a weaver base #18 is the lowest height rear base for mauser bridge. there are several heights available, and Im choosing the lowest. I ordered the sight online from Walmart, of all places, but was $10 shy of free shipping, so I got Hogue grips for a janky old Hi-Power to quantify for free shipping. I’ll let you guys know ow it all works out.

If anybody knows of a good banded front sight base, .675 ID, please post your findings. I will have to build front sight to suit. I want banded stye front base.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I do not have this sight, I do have some of their rings and base pieces. Seem to be OK. Good even for the money. None have failed me yet, and every now and then things do get a rough bump.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

kens;n15812 wrote:
      If anybody knows of a good banded front sight base, .675 ID, please post your findings. I will have to build front sight to suit. I want banded stye front base.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-parts/front-sight-bases/310-base-front-sight-base-steel-unfinished-prod12041.aspx

This one for a Ruger no1 looks pretty sexy. says it tapers from .665 to .680″. $26.99
      Maybe you could sand the inside out with some sandpaper on a split dowel if it won’t slide right on.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

where did you find dimensions for that?
      I can’t find any dims at all on brown ells site??

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

In the Question and answer section

Displaying questions 1-1
      Use the scroll bar to the right to see more reviews. Question 4/17/2013
      What is the ID of the band on this sight.

JK from MI
      Answer This Question Answer 5/8/2013
      Tapers from .665-.680.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thanks,
      I received this rear sight the other day, it is very similar in size to a .30 carb sight, or 1903A3 sight. I have tried both these sights, and they require either a male or female dovetail (which is not on a mauser bridge). This Leapers sight goes on a weaver/picatinny style mount, and is easy to mount on a mauser bridge.

More details coming as I get it all set up. The next deal is finding correct front height.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.