Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodean98
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 103
      • Overall: 111

I have had some “thinking time” the last few days and have contemplated a Remy 700 in 300 BLK. Being the DIY type, I want to get an inexpensive Walmart .223 version and convert it.  I have heard that those conversions have a lot of trouble with ejection. Have any of you fine fellows any experience with this? If it is true then what is the best solution? Would a different brand of rifle be a better choice? Interested in any and all options.

Thanks

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

700 tactical in BO or Ruger Ranch, ~ same $$.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

I lean toward the Remington versus the Ruger, but no flies on the Ruger,  Winchester, or Savage.

The Remington has more aftermarket items available than the Ruger, but if its a budget rifle that is not setup true tactical then that would not be a concern.

The Savage is a good option in closing

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Sarge is correct, although in this particular case, I can’t think of a Ruger that would be worth considering. The Savage Axis would be a great choice, especially if you like the idea of a lightweight rifle. Even if you don’t, the axis is very viable with a heavy barrel and a laminated stock readily available from Boydes. I think you could get into the complete rifle, barrel and stock for less than the 700.

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.