Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 109
      • Overall: 143

Recently got a Spanish Star B in a trade. It has feeding problems caused by a worn mag. I have found several after market sources but am looking for advice on a good after market maker.
      Anyone here have any suggestions. I have heard Ammo-Clip is a good source but they are out of stock at present.

retread

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That’s a nice little pistol, and my BIL Carrie’s one concealed.
      It always had magazine problems though. I can’t remember ever jamming, but the retention cut was shoddy and it would drop the magazine regularly while firing, if you didn’t adopt a shooting style that kept it from doing so.
      I’ve got no advice, other than just keep combing the net, and in the mean time, see if you can fix the one you’ve already got.
      Good luck!

Oh, and if you find a source for the odd and strange, do post it up.
      Im going to take a look at some of my places.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

http://www.gunclips.net/stmobgunma.html

Now is this the one you said was out of stock? I added it to my cart, and everything short of paying for it. Do they let you go through all that then jerk the rug out from under you?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★

Thanks for the info Tim. Looks like they (gunclips) must have got some in stock in the last few days! Think I better order one quickly. I did order one off ebay that was listed a used but appeared new according to the seller. We will see. That one was $38.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★

The one that was out of stock was ammoclip. I did order on from gunclip. Thanks Tim.

Jay

gwpercle
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 38

You might check with Wolff Gun Springs and see if they make a replacement magazine spring for it.
      I inherited an old WWII 1944 Walther P-38 , replacing the magazine spring cured the feeding problems and it was a simple fix.
      If your model B is anything like my Star model PS in 45 acp, the floor plate was retained by a button, allowing easy spring replacement.
      Gary

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Gwpercle speaks truth. Fresh Mag springs are critical to proper semi automatic handgun function.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.