This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Goodsteel 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Hello my friends!
    Very soon, I would like to meet at Sawbucks restaurant in El Paso Arkansas with our design team, Josh and Sarah Robins. Many of you remember the late great Felix Robins? Josh Robins is no relation, but he grew up along side Felix’s kids, and he knew him very well. You might say he was close friends of the family who coincidentally shares the same name. This had a lot to do with my desire to hire Josh and Sarah to help us with this forum, but even more important is the fact that Josh has a very impressive resume dealing with firearm related software, and I think he can help me bring you a forum experience that is better, handier, faster, more enjoyable, and more useful and pertinent than anything the internet has ever seen.

However,
    There will be some adjustments and changes that come with making that happen. We are going to try to make it as effortless as possible, but there will be changes and changes are not fun. The good news is that this is just normal growing pains for a new forum, and when we get it done, the benefits should be staggering. Towards that end, I would like to invite anyone that can make it, to meet with Josh, Sarah, and myself. I want to tell you what our vision is for GSF, and I would like to get any input for how we can make this place your one stop shop for everything you need in the way of information concerning our shared interests, hear your concerns, and help you to appreciate the enormous good that your donations are going to provide.

Subjects that I intend to cover in this meeting (other than the awesome steak and fried okra) include:
    1.New GSF overview, projected capabilities, and long term goals.
    2. What is going to be different, and how to navigate the new forum.
    3. Short term hurtles and what is going to happen in the very near future.
    4. Suggestions!!! Once you hear what I have planned for us, I’m sure you’ll first be wondering why nobody ever did this before, and secondly, you’ll start realizing the possibilities and I want to hear all of the ideas you might have.

We have not set a date for this meeting yet, but Sawbucks is the location. The reason the date has not been set, and the reason I am giving you this little heads up, is because of what is going on in the background. Part of the reason it has taken so long to get the new forum online is unforeseen problems and expenses (pretty big ones) that have come up, and we have been trying to find a way to do this without significant cash outlay. It came down to it, and there was simply no choice. I made the decision last night to go ahead with it, and as soon a Josh assures me this course of action will work, it’s game on. I believe in this place, and I think it’s worth investing in.

At that time, Josh and I will have to meet to conduct business, and that’s when I would like to have the meeting at Sawbucks with as many of you as possible. Feels a little like boarding the Mayflower for the New Land. I’m very excited and my hands are sweating a lot, but I have a vision and I’m following through with it, and I’m hoping you all can too.
    Thanks!

……….More updates to follow……….

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

I doubt I’ll make the meeting, but I have a couple of requests:
    1) Make the search feature capable of accepting more than a single word.
    2) Allow members to include their location near their avatar as opposed to the current work-around of including it in our signature field.

skeettx 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 197
    • Overall: 213

And add a dollar sign ($) or some other feature for those helping in the annual donation for the site 🙂
    You will get more participation this way.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Both of these have been brought up. Absolutely necessary. Having a search feature that sucks is the bane of most websites, and putting a google search option up is a bandaid. We are going to try to make this very powerful, and since I now own the whole server, anything is possible. It may take time, but don’t let me forget to make this a priority.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Those who contributed to my original request for help will have a special permanent medal attached to their avatar. Years from now, it will be known that these members were there when the whole thing got started.
    Those who wish to contribute on an annual basis will be honored for doing so.
    This also is something that I have had great difficulty implementing here, but I will insist on it in the new forum.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

The meeting date is set for
    Thursday May 4th at 6:00pm at Sawbucks restaurant in El Paso Arkansas.

Josh and Sarah are driving from Fort Smith to bring us a presentation of the forum, so I sincerely hope you can make it!
    I will post the upshot of the meeting after the fact for those who could not make it.
    Thanks everybody!

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Just a quick reminder about the GSF meeting with the web designers day after tomorrow!!!! Everybody is welcome to attend (including the women folks). Josh and Sarah will be giving us an exciting look into the future of GSF, and I’m very interested to hear what they have to say!!!

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Sigh. Unfortunately, I will be working until 1600 hrs MDT. I do wish I could make the dinner. Someday I will.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Just a few hours left! I hope to see you there!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.