This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  timspawn 2 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
     lar45 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 224
    • Overall: 245

I took the Husqvarna M46A in 9.3×57 out this weekend to deer camp.

Wayne and I picked up a couple of these old girls and it’s been fun trying to find bullets and loads for them. The barrel on mine slugs out to .368″ and Waynes to .371″. We ended up getting some Speer .375″ 235gn bullets and sizing them down in an NOE cast bullet sizer with lots of Imperial sizing die wax.
    The load we settled on was 54gns of H4895 which gave us 2510fps.

On opening morning I did see a nice 8pt but he was too quick and I couldn’t get the rifle up before he bounded across the lane and into some thick timber. So I shot this doe instead.

She was facing me, so I went for a just off center shot to take out 1 lung. The 235 Speer gave complete penetration from stem to stern. She went about 30 yds before piling up.
    Entrance

Shoulder

exit hole in the rump

The front shoulder was pretty hammered, The exit hole in the rump had lots of bone fragments in it, but was not bloodshot, so It needed just a little trimming.

Doc44 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 36
    • Overall: 37

That confirms my confidence in the penetration of the round. I will have to be careful not to hammer the meat with mine.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Sure seems like a candidate for cast bullets. A flat nose in that caliber would be a good killer without damaging too much meat.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Boom…….Splat.

Well done Glenn!!!

timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 166

Very nice!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.