This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Doc44 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 150
    • Overall: 174

I’ve been playing with loading some heavy 45acp bullets off and on again for awhile and finally got back around to it again today.  The latest bullet is the 45-275 from Hunter’s Supply.  I’ve tried it in commercial brass and have gotten them up to 1035fps with 8.7gns of BlueDot.

Today I tried some TZZ Israeli Military Surplus brass and BlueDot again.  I backed off the commercial brass charge by 15% and worked back up to 8.4gns which gave 947fps.  I have a heavy spring in my AMT 7″ LongSlide HardBaller and the spent cases only ejected about 2′ away.

This was the 25yard target.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2396
    • Overall: 2593

Alright. Now I have to get mine out!!!!

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 493
    • Overall: 546

Longslide,,, I havent seen one for years !!!!

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 493
    • Overall: 546

Hey, wait !!!

Aren’t those loads something like .460 Rowland ???

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Well, it is a rather heavily compressed load of BlueDot… I do like the numbers it’s giving.  The TZZ Israili brass seems to be very strong and has an internal capacity of 25.5gns of H2O.   Everything seems to be in the safe zone so far.  No ironed or cratered primers.  No firing pin swipes on the primers.  The cases don’t get ejected into the next county…(they land a bout 2 feet away)   I did put a Wolff heavy recoil spring in.  Don’t remember the poundage, may have to try and look for the package.

The 275s seem to feed rather smoothly, no hickups on chambering, so no setback of the loaded round…

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Glenn, question on the Wolff recoil springs:

Did you have to cut down the standard long slide springs to make it fit? My pistol has a very long spring cap that pretty much makes it run standard length (I think) 1911 springs. I ordered the Wolff tuning pack and all the springs are way too long. I’ll have to cut them down.

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

It has been a couple of years since I put the Wolff springs in and I couldn’t find the package to see what weight it was.  The uncompressed length is just a tad over 6″  I don’t recall having to cut down any springs.  I’d call Wolff first to see if you have the correct ones or not.

From what I’ve read elswhere, the AMT Longslide takes a standard length spring because the spring guide is only hollow part way down.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Yep. That’s exactly like mine. My longslide is a IAI Hardballer which I understand was either the predecessor or the successor to AMT.

Doc44 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 36
    • Overall: 37

Those loads should run well in my Springfield 45 Super V16.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us