This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     StrawHat 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 7
    • Overall: 10

I wish someone would offer a lightweight bolt action in 30 Carbine or even 30 Apache. Something like the Savage Walking Varmitter or the CZ 527.

I am looking for a Walking Around Rifle similar in concept to the English Stalking Rifle, light, accurate and adequate for most  game up to coyote in size.

Kevin

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 203
    • Overall: 226

I would like a 32 long or H&R mag or a 38 special. I thank that would make a nice plinking rifle

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 203
    • Overall: 226

I would like a 32 long or H&R mag or a 38 special. I thank that would make a nice plinking rifle . single shot would be ok but a bolt action rifle would be perfect .

StrawHat 
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 7
      • Overall: 10

I am aware of some Remington 22 bolt rifles that have been converted to 32 Long. Also the rolling block.

The various single shot rifles and small bore shotguns can be reworked by stubbing.

Kevin

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 219
    • Overall: 262

How about the CZ-527 in 7.62×39?  Cheap plinking ammo.

I think it’s also availible in 300 Blackout, so maybe a rechamber would be all that would be needed for 30 Apache.  I’m not sure if the magazine would be long enough for all bullets though with the full length 223 case necked up to 30 cal.

I have one in 223 and really like it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.