Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

Just found out that my ancestry is about 100% British and Irish.
      No Indian blood.So what I was told was nothing but folk lore.

Kind of surprised..

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

You know the Angelo’s that invaded the UK , loosely, also came to the new world leaving land claims as early as the 1100s . There are also dated confirmed artifacts and remains as early as 6000 BC from what is now France and Spain . It is possible that the early and late DNA over lapped and “white washed” the NA “tracks” , it is especially likely if your nation was in the south east say North Carolina south and across to Oklahoma and across to the gulf coast Midway across Texas .

There’s a rune stone in Heavener OK much like the stone found in Minnesota .
      There were peet mummies found in Florida that are definitely European dated about 6000 BC which means they came across the ice 200-300 miles south of Iceland and Greenland . Landing somewhere near Martha’s vineyard .

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I sprung for the kit and test last night on a special offer thing . The Hart’s are said to be Welsh Irish farmers …. The Reed’s are Hienz 57 but with 300 yrs of documents to S Carolina . Then there’s all of those that bounced from Ohio to Tennessee . They look like dark haired Scot’s .

I’ll be surprised if the bulk isn’t middle western Europe .
      I won’t be surprised at any outcome .

The conspiracy of government tracking is a waste of worry since I have 3 kids and a dozen family members in the GI DNA register .

Here’s to knowing everything you know is wrong .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I’ve actually got pretty thick Scottish blood and ancestry. Our family holds castle Duntrune in Loch Crinan Scotland. It’s the oldest castle in Scotland that has been continuously occupied, as Malcolms are known as extremely stubborn and resourceful people. My kin have been there since the 1700s. http://www.duntrunecastle.com/

We have lineage connecting us directly to Kings Malcolm II and MalcolmIII of scotland whose father Duncan I was prominently mentioned in Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”.

Someday, I would like to visit the place and meet up with the kin across the pond. My sister Kitty was an English major and was able to travel to castle Duntrune as part of a European tour she did with her classmates. Those folks loaded her down with memorabilia and even sent a bottle of our house scotch whisky (the bottle actually had our family crest on it and was very tasty) and they were able to plug a few holes in the lineage we were missing.

My grandfather actually had an ancient dress uniform complete with the kilt, hose, sporran, and kiltpin but tragically, it was lost in a fire. Fortunately, he had kept the records of our family lineage from immigration to the US to present in a separate place.

Our family members have always been known as wise, stubborn, obstinate, nomadic, and extremely sarcastic which, unfortunately is the only inheritance to go along with all this cool background (HAR!) but that’s OK. I live the same way my people have since the dawn of time, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Stubborn and sarcastic ……hmm I’d have never guessed that .

Beyond the revolution on 3 legs I haven’t seen much if anything solid .
      At some point I was under the impression that the Irish came across in the 1800s but that is sort of blurred now as well as the source . That thin information originally suggested that the Irish had only been Irish for a couple of generations and had come across the channel from a lovely strip of land that had an army on the march on its way to or from Germany or France ……. That has become rather questionable information as well .

As with my whole life greatness happens just about 10 seconds before I get there or is snatched away by 1000 tiny improbable events …..
      Who gets a herd of pronghorn spooked off by a Jolly Green Giant 80 miles from the nearest base ? Yep that’s me . The race team that that qualified 4th from the top ? Ends up in the Silver race because of a wheel cover Dzuz fastener of course that was the year that they would have been a serious contender in the top 4 so the silver 1st place was pretty hollow as far as a win goes .

Farmers ……… Probably not even very good farmers .

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

Well they have traced my ancestory back to a great great grandfather who fought with William of Orange, did well enough that shortly after they were able to settle in the new world.

Historically we are supposedly a sub set of the Gunn Clan. Who essentially were some 2nd, 3rd and 4th sons of an Orkney Viking chief who planted his crops in spring, went viking raiding till harvest. Came home harvested, went again for a short while raiding and pillaging. Then came home for the long winters beer drinking and story telling while the women did the work.

Yep, that is us, all these generations later still fits us to a T.

We had been here long enough to have 6 Jamison Boys old enough to fight at the time of the revolutionary war. One they say was an aide to Washington himself.

It was a Jamison they say who was the first white man to plant corn in Ohio.

My great great Grandfather died of gas in a limestone quarry building the first church in Iowa.

There is a long long history of Jamison men every 2nd or 3rd generation packing up and moving west.  My Grandfather screwed up. Instead of heading for Wyoming or Montana. He headed for North Dakota west of Grand Forks up on the edge of a alkali flat. My dad was 2 at the time and his mom had one baby on her lap and one in the oven so dad made the trip in a steamer trunk strapped to the running boards.

I got gyped!

Still no real complaints here.  Ever since the 1700’s of course its cross bred with whoever and whatever came along. So heinz 57 mutt by a midnight wanderer is pretty much it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.