Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 109
      • Overall: 143

I have quite a few Lee 6 cavity molds, mostly handgun, but I bought a C225-55-RF recently. The gas check shank is too big on the most of the bullets dropped. A few were .214 but they went a large as .218. So much for seating gas checks. I am doing some “leementing” but I was considering using that mold for plinker loads and buying a 4 cavity NOE for my stouter loads. My plinking load now is 14.6 grains of Reloader 7. Any opinions on how they might work out sans checks? Using the in a Ruger American. Thanks, Jay

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Since it is a Lee (bash ,bash 🙂 ) I would isolate the fat shanks and get them plain based , unless you are doing PC then run a few and see what happens . I’ve only read about PC and GC shanks so I’m zero help there .
      ​​​​​​
      i did shoot a few Bators sans check and held to something like 2.5 gr of Unique they were fine but with the 225-55 NOE I went straight for the throat in a gas gun and a hunting load in a bolt gun 222&223 . I wish I had bought the NOE first hand sort of and gotten a 2+2 but for the money 4 checks makes me happy .

JeffG
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 9
      • Overall: 11

I have to expand my checks to go on that exact bullet. I made a tool for it from and old punch. NOE now has GC expanding tool, which I just ordered and am waiting for to arrive.

JPHolla
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 121

Mine casts to about .218 by the driving band tapering to about .210 at the end. Blammer’s checks fit just fine. The mold casts beautifully as well.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 109
      • Overall: 143

JPHolla;n11684 wrote: Mine casts to about .218 by the driving band tapering to about .210 at the end. Blammer’s checks fit just fine. The mold casts beautifully as well.

No taper on mine. guess I will try JeffG’s suggestion any see it that helps. Thanks Guys. Sorry to be late in posting but been having trouble with logging on.

Jay

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Sorry about that, I was doing site maintenance the last few days.
      The recommendation to expand your checks is a good one.

Check it out:
      http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=432&products_id=3354&osCsid=cr37ulemts7tignci7jigo4ga7

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.