Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

This is quite the book. Was made up years ago to allow our goberment to sell the manufacturing rights to the Springfield rifle and from this book you can make a 1903 or any of the parts to assemble one. All parts are shown and dimensioned, all heat treats are called out. All materials are called out and steel specs given.
      Then it goes on to show every machine that was used at Springfield Arsenal, all tooling and fixtures. Plus all testing fixturers and full information of metal finishes.
      Not only the rifle– metal and wood- but goes on to cover the bayonet and all accessories.
      If you ever wanted to set up and make a 1903 Springfield or any part or related part, this is the book. Over 400 pages of solid information.

This book is almost in as new condition. Very clean. Spine is not set and pages are not creased. I don’t think you can find one better. It is a soft cover book.

Sold and thanks to all for looking

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I simply must have this.
      Can you take paypal, or is it a snail mail deal?

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Goodsteel;n8237 wrote: I simply must have this.
      Can you take paypal, or is it a snail mail deal?

Tim
      I lost your address somewhere in the clutter. Send it to me again and I will get it off to you. Not really set up for paypal but your check is good as gold.
      Wait on that check until I know the final on shipping.
      I guarantee you will like it or I will pay the return Shipping. I honestly think it’s that good.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thanks Reg!
      New address is:
      427 Clinton Road
      Conway Arkansas

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Tim
      Will get the book packed up and to the PO but might have to do it on Monday, wife wants to make a trip to Wally world down at Goodland and these trips usually take all day.
      When you have to drive 100 miles to get to a Wally world you know you really live in the sticks !!!
      Have a good weekend, will get back with you.
      Reg

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Yhat ain’t out in sticks that’s just barely normal …

it’s 78 miles 1.way for.me .

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Ahhhhh, should have been more specific, it’s 100 miles or so one way !!!!! Then again the bright side is the Cabela’s Sidney store is about that too also we don’t get many door to door sales men. Last one trying to sell us siding, windows or what ever the heck it was got mad because he couldn’t find us on his GPS.
      Broke my heart let me tell you !!
      😉

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

That is Walmart nearest Kmart is 117 the other way. 140 to Scheels, another 10 to Sportsman’s Warehouse and 20 more gets Cabela’s . regular shopping trips are the 78 miles to a city . I can shop local but at 35 to 70 cents /gal for gas savings an 50-75 per item in the cart it’s worth it drive 1:15 to 2:30 . Google finds Babbitt, a now razed Army housing area, before the 1 mile square town and I live 12 miles north. 1 mile from the front door north or south I can set the cruise at 70 mph and not get a 2nd look …..it’s 70 mph going south and 65 going north. Going south at the edge of town the sign says “next gas 100 miles” it’s actually 105 station to station.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Now that’s what I call REMOTE. Heck yeah. That said, Id be willing to bet money that Grumpa has everybody beat.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

No contest !!!!!
      🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.