Goodsteel
Keymaster
  • Gold
  • ★★★
  • Comments: 2452
  • Overall: 2660

Good to talk to you this evening sir.
To reiterate and add to our discussion:

1. Change your scope to something else of known quality. Shoot and see what you get.

If that doesn’t change anything in a positive way, and you see no obvious crown damage:

2. Get the copper out of it. a good session with Sweets 7.62 will do. I usually hesitate to recommend this course of action as it often does more harm than good, but since you mention that you have maintained control of your copper fowling till recently, I do recommend that you try taking a more aggressive approach. Shoot and see what you get.

If that doesn’t change anything in a positive way:

3. Shoot a full course of Tubbs bore lapping bullets through your rifle. Follow the instructions exactly. Shoot and see what you get.

If that doesn’t change anything in a positive way:

4. Send the rifle to me, and let me set it back or correct what issues I find.

I will shoot the rifle and see if the change is positive enough for you. (usually my chambers are a step up in the accuracy dept. as a matter of course, due to the fact that they are both very tight, very smooth, and VERY concentric to the bore).

If you are still not happy with the accuracy I demonstrate:

5. Order a Krieger barrel and have me fit it to the rifle. This is almost guaranteed match grade accuracy the likes of which you will not find in a factory rifle. A build like this is capable of winning competitions at the highest level if you were so inclined to pursue it.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.