popper
Participant
  • Silver
  • ★★
  • Comments: 293
  • Overall: 294

Larry, search for shock tubes, shock cannons, etc. These guys usually are studying super sonic wave. I’ve posted in the other forum the measured fps of various shock waves – not all are super sonic. IIRC most of the controversy was to the presence of reflected coincidence waves that caused chamber ringing. You sent me some traces with perturbations that ‘could’ be shock impact and ohler also claimd some proof during their testing. Shock wave is a differential ‘wave’ of high/low pressure. As I posted previously, I recover a GC with what appeared to be melted alloy in it, no fractured surface on the boolit end. 39gr of H335 in 308W, 4% Sb IIRC, 2400 fps, powder coated so no hydraulics(?). Just pushed that back into the grey cells. Tim’s ‘shrinking’ boolit got me to thinking. As we all know, ageing our alloys make them grow dimentionally. The reverse happens when impacted (from one of the articles I posted). IIRC, Google owns the texts so I won’t copy & paste. Yes I am drawing conclusions from several tech. text – IMHO they are reasonable and logical. Is that all that is happening? I don’t know, some more testing by Tim may shed light on the problem.
Tim will find this interesting, Ideas from observations do lead to inventions in a completely different area.
“The effect was first described by Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis, a French scientist who in 1835 described the forces that arise from the motion of objects in a rotating reference frame1
The HRG was conceived in 1890 when physicist G. H. Bryan struck a wineglass, making an interesting discovery about how the tone from the glass behaved when it was rotated about its stem. His observation that ” … If we select a wine-glass which when struck gives, under ordinary circumstances, a pure and continuous tone, we shall on twisting it round hear beats” led him to the conclusions that a flexing hemisphere could detect rotation. Little did he know that this simple observation leads a chain of events that would end up taking spacecraft to the planets. An excerpt from his thesis, “On the Beats in the Vibrations of a Revolving Cylinder or Bell” shown in . The credit for originating the use of the effect relative to the measurement of rotations, however, has been given a late 19th century English scientist”.
From Lockheed/Martin docs. The HRC is the most accurate inertial platform we have yet.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.