Jniedbalski
Participant
  • Silver
  • ★★
  • Comments: 209
  • Overall: 233

I just used the Brownells crown tool on a 22 two ar’s and a savage 308. The cricket 22 cut  very easy soft steel. The palmetto ar with the chrome molly barrel cut very hard . This barrel seemed the hardest. The stanless palameto ar barrel was the seckond hardest. The savage axis seemed a little softer than the  Stanless. After doing four barrels my hand was wore out. Did it all by hand. All the crownes came out looking really good. If I had to go out to buy this tool I probably would not ,to expensive. But if a had a couple more to do I would defently buy it. It’s the pilots  thst get expensive. I got the set to borrow with the 22 lr 224 and 308 pilots with a few more I can’t use. Now I need a pilot for the 9 mm and 40 S&w  but at 25$ each plus shipping it gets expensive quick. At least the crowns look really good. I also found that one of the chamber reamer company’s also rent the crown cutter for I thank 25$ and the different pilots for 5$. I might rent the few pilots I need to finish my pistols. My high point 9 and two 40’s crown look like crap it deffently can’t hurt.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.