• Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I would like to write a word of thanks.

Our entire way of life is one of the most easily destroyed because we are free.
      That makes the tyrants of the world very afraid, because even though we live in an era of supreme technological warfare, the ability of one man to change history with one, well placed shot made in the name of freedom, is still one of the greatest deterrents to slavery the world has ever known.

We are a blessed people because our freedom is so secure that any American can drive a mile or two down the road, purchase a rifle legally, and use it to protect ourselves. It’s so secure that we can drive to the polls and vote and let our voice be heard for the direction of this country, with no more danger on the way than the other Americans driving peacefully on the same road.
      This is freedom that is deep and rich. Freedom that came at a steep cost. Freedom that was sacrificed for by people who did not know those who they died for. The fact that you are an American was enough.

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” These words, truly spoken by the Man I call Lord, is more descriptive of the American soldier than anything ever penned.
      Great love indeed. Love with a purpose. Love with teeth! Love for even those who do not appreciate it.
      May no fallen soldier ever be forgotten.

To all those who loved America so much that they payed the ultimate price to secure her freedom, the principles she stands for, and all the people like me who have no way to protect ourselves from enemies that big,

Thank you.

To the men who led these brave soldiers into battle, and who made sure their sacrifice won the day:

Thank you.

To the loved ones left behind with proud and broken hearts:

Thank you.

A good memorial day to you.

The word “happy” sticks in my throat as it should.

Lest we forget………

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Well said.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Well written post. We are fortunate to live in the best country in the world.

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 158
      • Overall: 180

After three years in S.E. Asia I returned home. I soon found myself as the NCO in charge of an Honor Guard. I personally presented the colors and cases to family members of three hundred seventy five fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. The unspeakable horrors of jungle warfare, and all the first hand vision of death in combat had not hardened me enough. With my troops standing proud and straight, not a button nor piece of uniform out of place, I faced the families of the fallen. I was not prepared for what followed. Looking into the faces of those who haves lost sons, brothers, fathers, and husbands you see the sorrow, yes. But you see something else. Pride. That is part of a warrior’s family true enough, but here, it is an American pride that stands just a little taller. A little straighter. A pride that is in every American who believes in their country. Oh yes. I remember. How can I ever forget?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Thank you sir.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

Well said. Thank you veterans for all you do for us.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Only word left to say is AMEN

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Well said, Sir.

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 76
      • Overall: 88

Thank You to all who have served.

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

And all of this is being taken away by those that do not appreciate what we have.

Fishman
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 35
      • Overall: 39

GREAT thread and well written Goodsteel as well as Butch Wax.

uncle jimbo
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 21
      • Overall: 26

Nice write Goodsteel.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 224
      • Overall: 245

Amen to that

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.