This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harter 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 483
    • Overall: 535

There is a prior thread I mentioned the RPR (Ruger precision rifle):

Perspective ……

I went to the range today and the RPR was there and did not disappoint. It displayed it’s own customer base yet again.

A guy is there with his RPR, bipod, monopod, et al, and talks about the 6.5mm blah blah blah, flies so well. He says it is a 1/4 MOA rifle out of the box. My first thought is to ask him to “fly one of those frikkin fine bullets into that golf ball @ 300yds.”. I digress, I kept my thoughts to myself.

There was another guy there on the long range with a M98 military dress of some sort. He was wailing it, the rifle, getting the barrel good and hot. He hit the 18″ gong @ 300 2 of 5 times. The guy with the RPR, scope, bipod, et al, hit it 2 of 4. What’s the big deal, really?

The surprise of the day was a southpaw with a nice looking hunting rifle. It appeared to be a Cooper or similar hunting style rifle, laminated stock, left hand. He stuffed his magazine and hit the gong methodically, slowly, (letting barrel cool?) 4 of 5 times.

The guy with the ‘1/4 MOA RPR’, I wanted to inform him that ‘1/4 MOA’ was that GOLF BALL @ 300yds, every single shot from that long stacked magazine protruding out the bottom of his benched rifle. But I digress, I kept quiet.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 732
    • Overall: 790

Some how an “LoL 🙂 :p ” just feels lacking for a story like this .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us