This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Glenn 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 152
    • Overall: 178

We have some trucker friends staying with us for a few days while their Semi is in the shop.  Adrian wanted to learn to reload, but never had the time, but their truck won’t be ready for 4 days.  So it’s a crash course in casting bullets and loading for rifles and handguns.  Their 12yo Son has a brand new Win M94 30-30 that hasn’t been shot once, so I thought we’d start with some light plinking loads and load up a small pile for them to take home to get their son started shooting and getting familiar with his rifle.

I already had a bunch of the Ranch Dog 165s sized to .311 and lubed with Carnauba Blue, so we used those.  We seated them to engage the rifling at 2.475″ and loaded with 7 grains of Unique for 1183 fps out of my Win 94.

I put 5 rounds across the chronograph to check velocity and shot the target below at 25 yards resting off the side of the pickup bed.  I hope they shoot as well in his son’s rifle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us