This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kens 2 months ago.

• Author
     kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 491
    • Overall: 545

I ordered an Allen Under Hammer action. This is not the style of the more common Hopkins & Allan sold by Numerich arms. This was made by a shooter and machinist Allen Foundry. After a few phone calls, I found it is sold out of stock and no current information for deliveries. Did find out that he moved his shop, is 85 years young, and nobody even knows if he is still with us. I found one on the west coast and dropped the coin, I’m glad I did. Mr. Allen was an accomplished target shooter and said he preferred a single trigger to a double set, thus this came into being. It appears to be lost wax casting and could be browned as is, all major mating surfaces come machined for basic use. I envision this as a HiWall knock off, and with some draw filing and surface cleaning up, it is a blank canvas to be blued or better yet engraved.

It looks similar to a Hi-Wall doesn’t it?

it comes apart with 2 screws, 1 is hidden.

Full cock position, it does have a half cock. Very nice trigger out of the box. The cap nipple screws straight into bottom of barrel, lock time and ignition on this is expected to be fast.

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 283
    • Overall: 297

Awesome Kens.  What cartridge are you planning built around?   Please fill us in on the details of your planned build..

Thanks for sharing.

Uber

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

its a muzzleloader. I planning on a part octagon, tapered round, with the wedding bands.

Im thinking hard of a rifled 20ga

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 257
    • Overall: 259

Rifled 20 would indeed be interesting.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 738
    • Overall: 798

Nice . Looks like a solid place to build on .

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

thinking of this contour

thinking of this contour, 1″ octagon then tapered round, with wedding bands, 34″

and a Cherry wood stock set

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us