This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 1 month ago.

• Author
     Larry Gibson 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 459
    • Overall: 503
    • Gold

Cast about 1300+ of them out of odds n ends left over alloy a few days back.  Casting goes quick with the 6 cavity mould.  BHN is 11 – 12 (AC’d) so they are fine.  They dropped .357 – .358 from the mould which is fine as I intend them for 9mm P loads sized at .357.  I sized and lubed 600+ and they sure loaded quick on the Dillon SDB.  I load them over 4 gr of Bullseye normally but had some WST I wanted to use up so used 4 gr of that.  Previous testing showed it gives a few fps less velocity than the Bullseye load.

I also use that bullet over 5 gr Bullseye in my M91 Argie rebarreled to 35 Remington.  It runs 1170 fps with excellent accuracy, little recoil and is fun to shoot out to 300 yards.  I also use the Lee bullet in my Spanish destroyer that I set the barrel back 1/2 turn so it headspaces a 38 Super case.  Over 3 gr Bullseye the Lee 120 TC bullet is deadly at 980 fps.  Lots of fun with that bullet.

popper 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 279
    • Overall: 280

I like that WST load with 130gr, in my compact 9.   Recoil recovery is easy.

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 152
    • Overall: 178

I just picked up that mold a week ago, but need to process a pile of WW into ingots before I can give it any attention.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 628
    • Overall: 760

I’ve loaded thousands of those bullets lubed with Bull Shop’s lo tac green over 4 or 4.5 gr of Red Dot. My 9mm’s like it. Two will not cycle the 4.0 gr load, but do fine with the 4.5 gr load. I’m shifting over to TiteGroup now starting with .38 Spl for Cowboy Action Shooting. I’ll be using it in 9 mm too as I got a good deal on an 8 lb jug. It does meter better than the Red Dot, which will help with small charges for .380 ACP.

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 152
    • Overall: 178

Doc44 and I are sitting on about 90,000 pieces of 9mm that I haven’t been able to move yet.  So I guess I’ll have to start loading for the 9mm.   Maybe finish up that Sten project. ..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us